It’s pretty annoying to deal with a broken sun visor, especially one that’s above the driver seat. A lot of Pathfinder owners can relate, since it’s a common issue.
Luckily, replacing your sun visor is something you can easily do at home with a couple of basic tools and this tutorial.
How to Get an OEM Replacement Sun Visor
Image Credit: Hilde H.
The first thing you need to do is to get a replacement sun visor. While you could get an aftermarket visor, OEM is always the better choice because:
- OEM sun visors are built to fit your Pathfinder precisely. There’s no need to alter anything during installation, which is pretty common with universal fit aftermarket sun visors.
- Nissan makes sure that its OEM parts, including sun visors, are built with high quality materials. Aftermarket manufacturers tend to build their parts with cheap materials in order to cut corners and beat OEM pricing.
- For the reasons above, OEM sun visors usually last longer than aftermarket sun visors.
- It’s easy to find the right OEM sun visor for your Pathfinder. You just have to look up your Pathfinder in our catalog of genuine OEM parts and you’ll get the right part number in a matter of seconds.
Speaking of finding the right OEM sun visor for your Pathfinder, you may find this list of our top selling Pathfinder sun visors useful:
- Part No. 96400-9PB0A: For 2013-2017 Pathfinders (right side)
- Part No. 96401-9PB0A: For 2013-2017 Pathfinders (left side)
Replacing Your Pathfinder Sun Visor in 4 Easy Steps
This easy and straightforward replacement process should take you about 5 minutes. All you need is a flat screwdriver and a 7mm nut driver. Here’s the process outlined in 4 easy steps:
- Insert the screwdriver above the clip cover and then gently wiggle it until the cover pops off. There are two bolts underneath.
- With the 7mm nut driver, unscrew both bolts and then remove the entire visor assembly.
- If you have a Platinum edition, you’ll see that the visor is connected to the electrical system. Disconnect the power cord while removing the visor.
- Take the new sun visor, connect it (if necessary), screw it back in, and then push the clip cover in.
That’s all! Please contact us if you have any questions about the replacement process or if you need assistance finding the right replacement sun visor for your Pathfinder.