If you’re just thinking about replacing your Nissan Altima bumper cover, or you’re looking for a comprehensive tutorial, you came to the right place.
Replacing your Altima bumper cover is something you can do at home within an hour as long as you have a socket wrench.
Here are the steps you need to take:
1. Order an OEM Bumper Cover For Your Nissan Altima
Before you can start anything, you need an OEM bumper cover. It’s important to find the right part number for your Altima. If you accidentally order a bumper cover made for another model, it won’t fit right.
Luckily, it’s quite easy to find the right OEM bumper cover part number for your Altima. Refine the results in our catalog of genuine OEM bumper covers for Nissan Altimas to show all the correct bumper cover for your year Altima.
You can also look at this list of our top selling bumper covers for Nissan Altimas:
- Part No. 62022-9HS2H: For 2016-2018 Altimas
- Part No. 62022-3TA0H: For 2013-2015 Altimas
- Part No. 62022-ZX10H: For 2010-2013 Altimas
2. Prepare Your Bumper Cover
When you get your replacement bumper cover, you have to prepare it before installing it on your Altima. It involves cleaning your bumper cover with wax and grease remover, letting it dry, and then painting it (which is optional).
3. Replace Your Bumper Cover
Image Credit: jimthecarguy
If you’re wondering how to take off a Nissan bumper cover, you came to the right place. The following set of instructions will show you how to remove the front bumper cover on an older Altima. The steps should be easy to follow with a newer Altima model, though.
- Open the hood.
- Find the four plastic clips on top of the bumper cover. Remove all of them.
- Unfasten all 10mm bolts from the bottom of the bumper cover and the inner fender.
- Gently pull off the bumper cover.
It’s a straightforward process. Now, here’s how you can install your new bumper:
- Fit the bumper cover over the the impact bar.
- Bend the headlight brackets down so you can fit the bumper better over the grille.
- Position the bumper and then bend the headlight brackets back into place.
- Put the four plastic clips back into the top of the bumper cover.
- Fasten the 10mm bolt into each inner fender.
- Fasten the eight 10mm bolts into the bottom of the bumper cover.
If you have any questions about the replacement process, please feel free to contact us. We’ll be happy to assist you.